Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yearnings

OK. I have just lost my recent great post on yearnings. Where it went I have no idea. It seems that 3 mistyped keys in random order (or secret code unknown to anyone in the universe) will vaporize a masterpiece. Trust me, it was a good post. Does this happen to others or is it just my unique abilities that are able to accomplish this?

So here is a substitute post for the masterpiece just lost. Ten days ago we had a series of storms blow through. It appears the only damage of consequence was that the hummingbird population around my house was either blown into the next county or did not survive the storms. Either option has left the hummingbird feeders void of any activity since the storms. Now they only serve as a reminder of the former days of enchantment while we wait for a new batch of "Hummers" to find the feeders. Now, today, I see that I have Roadrunners in my back yard! That's cool but they don't have the color nor quite the same 'enchantment factor' of the hummingbirds. Still I will take the Roadrunners over the crows who come by for the pecans. All in all it is an amazing world God has placed us in and given us the responsibility to steward.

And for those reading this blog who watch what you eat, here's a interesting observation that may relieve some of the worry about what to eat.

Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausage/fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Apparently, it is speaking English that causes heart attacks!

Blessings

1 comment:

  1. My two cents: I think that drinking wine (or other acids) actually complements digestion of meat and fats. I'm a big fan of eating and drinking like the French, myself. I have no idea how the Germans do it with sausage, beer, and kraut, though. Maybe it's the acid in the kraut!? ;-]

    ReplyDelete