Saturday, April 10, 2010

There and Back Again!



The lovely lady in the picture is Christie! I have spent this past week in the Philippines attending a one-day marriage seminar which was required in order to meet the requirements for a marriage license. (This was one of three things requiring personal appearances in order to get a marriage license.) So I arrived in Tagbilaran on Wednesday morning and we immediately took off to visit Christie's parents. After visiting with her parents and putting my best foot forward (no attempts at humor) they gave what I had hoped to receive - their blessing on our marriage!

Then it was attending the required marriage seminar on Thursday. God must have sense of humor as the seminar was conducted in Cebuano. But I got my piece of paper signed and certified! Hopped on the plane on Friday and zoomed back home. I got to spend time with Christie's children and it was a good two days with them.

The wedding is planned for the 24th. I am heading back to the Philippines on Monday (12th) and stay there until coming home on the 29th. There seems to always be another unseen bump in the road so all I know is that as of this posting all is set. I am out of here for now as I have a few things to do for tomorrow and wash clothes for the next journey. I thought you would enjoy this picture of Christie (I know I do) so I had an excuse to practice further picture posting.

Have a great Sunday tomorrow.

Blessings

1 comment:

  1. You are right Ray she is very beautiful and we can't wait to meet her and her kids. Have a safe trip, a blessed wedding, and we will see you back soon. -Dianna

    ReplyDelete