Friday, January 8, 2010

Leaving Seattle

It's 30 minutes before I board the jet to whisk me away from Seattle and back to home in the Lone Star State. I'm heading into frigid temperatures so Seattle looks real good right now. Lasting thoughts on Seattle before I leave. It was fun to wake up each morning to the sound of sea gulls (amidst the sound of downtown Seattle). In the Mackinesso language the word 'Seattle' means "land of night shadows". This is because you never get to see your shadow until night fall. How can that be? At night they turn on the street lights and as you walk under them you can actually see your shadow. In the daytime you are deprived of shadows.
The Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges surrounding Seattle form a natural beauty. But as a "prairie man" myself the mountain's beauty takes second place to the high plains' beauty. Perhaps the sunshine has a part to play in this.

I got some neat Christmas gifts from my two daughters so my trip to Seattle was great in every way.

As I close this blog, my next step in this venture is learning to post pictures in the blog. "It's easy once you know what to do", say those who know how to do it.

Anyway, God is good and life is good.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment