Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Running, Teleprompting, Golf

Wow, I ran last Friday without pain in either of my knees! This is the first time in 4+ years I have been able to do such a feat. Granted, I only ran 100 yards but it still counted as running. It all started in February 2005 when one day I noticed this sharp pain when I tried to bend my knee. After putting up with this for about 2 years, an MRI revealed torn cartilage in my right knee. Shortly after the MRI and before a visit to the orthopedic doctor the knee quit hurting. So surgery put on hold. Shortly after this I was lugging a washing machine up to a 2nd floor apartment for a friend who was not helping a whole lot when, trying to protect my right knee I hurt my left knee. Now after much prayer and time I have returned to pretty much doing anything I want to do without pain in my knees! God is so good.

If you can't impress the adults, aim lower and go for the young skulls full of mush . . . President "O" has taken it upon himself to save the states a whole lot of money. He plans to impress the public school children with his oratory skills next Tuesday. This has prompted many parents to plan on holding their children out of school that day. Now I know the NEA will have fits with this action but I believe the parents still have some vestiges of control over their children. Now on to the fiscal side of this story. Each state pays the local school districts money per child based on attendance. If the child does not show up, the local school district does not get state money for that child on that day. So states will actually save money due to President "O" reading his teleprompter to public school children on September 8. This is probably the only act President "O" has done which will actually cut spending of taxpayer's money.

I am golfing with 3 friends Thursday morning. This will be good for the soul as it is a time of much laughter amid periodic flashes of brilliance. It is also a rare time to trash talk. You don't trash talk when you are getting whipped, so when I play with my brother I remain silent. But Thursday morning - let's just say I will get to trash talk some. And I plan to leave Mabel at home during this round of golf.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment