Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Day After

Fearful to fall asleep last night due to the uncertainty of what may happen in the night after President "O" teleprompted our public school children during the day, I stayed up till 12:30 AM. Finally, with a dash of HOPE that no CHANGE would occur I closed my eyes and slept soundly until . . . the sun came up! Yes, the sun rose in the east just like it has been doing since day four of creation. God is still in charge. The early morning news had no reports of public school children being beamed up to the motherland called Chicago. Now, hopefully the sun will arise tomorrow morning following the teleprompting to the nation of "Obamacare, version XIII."

I'm enjoying watching the hummingbirds suck up the sweet liquid of the feeders. I used to exasperated watching the aggression of the hummers toward one another as they guard their feeder with great jealousy. Then, eureka!, I discovered why this is a good thing. The hummers expend a whole lot of calories chasing off one another and so they have to keep coming back for more food. This in turn lends itself to my enjoyment of watching those marvelous little birds. So as for me and my household, I say fight on!

The phone call just came and the countdown has begun. The receptionist was confirming THE APPOINTMENT. 27.5 hours till Armageddon. Actually it is 27.5 hours until the dentist but for me it may as well be Armageddon. After 17 years, I am now down to hours! The "laughing gas" better be as advertised or . . . I can't imagine what. But I am pretty certain the sun will rise the next morning.

I so enjoy hearing people laugh. Labor Day found about 30 souls here at the house for burgers and hot dogs. During the course of the evening a group decided to play some "charade" type game which brought out the screams and laughter from the porch. Music to the soul.

Today, as is everyday, is a good day to be joyful for tomorrow is . . . the dentist!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment