Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday, Monday

Today Tambourine Dance camp began at our church. Ten young ladies put in a long day of 8 hours of instruction. I am so proud of these gals. They have made great strides in the past three years. Having been in other churches with Tambourine Dancers, I think CTC's rate among the best. But then I might be a little prejudiced!

While eating supper with the T&D girls I mentioned that I did something this afternoon that I had not done in a full year. They were eager to hear what it was but I told them they would have to read my blog in order to find out. How's that for getting new readers! So let me finish the rest of the blog before I come clean.

Sunday morning there were four testimonies in church. Two were rather on the "truth is stranger than fiction" side. Money blowing down the street to be freely collected and a horse being overcome by the presence of the Holy Spirit even as it's cut leg was being healed is enough to keep your attention.

How we view miracles tend to fall into one of two categories. The common view of miracles is they display God's power and authority so people will pay attention to God's claims. A different view of miracles is that miracles are a display of God's love for mankind. Through the miraculous a person's attention can be drawn to God's great love for them. I think I am opting more and more for the second view. I went grocery shopping this afternoon and ... bought a head of broccoli ... something unheard of (and not thought of) for over a year. And you thought I had done something earth shattering.

Shopping at Wal-Mart has become a special event lately. Last month one of the bloggers in our church posted a humorous post about people entering Wal-Mart using the EXIT door and leaving Wal-Mart using the ENTRANCE door. Since I have more than once slipped up and found myself going counter culture at Wal-Mart and not wanting to be caught by Nicki I must now engage in a reconnaissance mission looking for a certain van. If it is not in the parking lot then I can go shopping with l less thing on my mind. For the reason why people don't use the correct posted door it seems we have three possible reasons. 1) People don't care about trivial things such as this. 2) This is a harmless way to express rebellion to the zillion little rules governing our lives. 3) The public school system has failed to teach people how to read with comprehension. Take your pick for the excuse you will use when caught using the wrong door.

Blessings

3 comments:

  1. Kari Davidson
    So you've bought the brocoli, now you have to eat it. Let me know how that goes.
    Not too earth shattering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One step at a time. If I wait two weeks I may have to throw it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to know that I've made people start thinking when they go to WalMart. You're not the first to say that you try to spot my van before you go in. I love Diana's idea of fining people for using the wrong door!

    ReplyDelete