Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stained Glass

It is so beautiful right now. The sun has one more hour to strut its stuff here before blessing the other side of the world. After two days of clouds and much needed rain the sunshine broke through bringing refreshing rays to this guy who hails from the land "where the skies are not cloudy all day." As I write this the weather news has radar showing that in about 2 hours another round of clouds and rain can be expected here. So I will enjoy the beauty of the moment.

Well, I am now down to the last 2 days of my puzzle. It is going so easily now. People are coming out of the shadows to "help" now that it has gotten easy due to the lack of options left of the table. So I have to chide them for coming to my rescue when the light at the end of the tunnel is as big as the sun shining outside. Where were these friends when it looked impossible to complete?

On another note, a different kind of beauty is seen in the lives changed from self-centeredness to other-centeredness. I had the opportunity to visit this week with a man who struggled for 26 years trying to overcome his addiction to alcohol. Today, he is finding that his life isn't wasted and that there is purpose for his life. He is even falling in love with people whom he has known for many years. This man is as beautiful as the stained glass found in the Cathedral of Notre Dame. How joyful it is to watch this change occur.

Another burst of brilliant sunlight!!!!

Can God not be good? I don't think so because it is not in his nature. Lord, let me live up to my nature which you have place within me. Let your goodness and beauty be seen in and through me.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment