Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Let the Warrior Arise

April 22, 2009. It is birthday time for a young man I have known for 19 years. This young man has walked through life with a steadfastness that is rare in our times. As a result of his resoluteness to live for his king, his heart is unmixed (the Greek word for innocence has this meaning of a heart unmixed with things that cause impurity) and he is happy and fulfilled. It is possible to be in this state of heart even when we find ourselves in the midst of uncertainty, even if we do not always get things right, and even when there is no concrete goal set before us. So, Happy Birthday Elijah! And well done for your first 25 years!

Speaking of birthdays, it is my sister-in-law has a birthday today as well. Though it is impolite to mention how old a lady is, let's just say she was my classmate in school. (This means she is still young!) She, too, is a light that shines forth brightly with the love for her king!
Happy Birthday to Colleen!

How blessed I am to have been surrounded by such awesome people my whole life.

In chapter eight of Wild at Heart by John Eldredge , there is this statement.
"Every man is a warrior inside. But the choice to fight is his own."

I love this statement. It inspires me to live for and fight for the higher, nobler cause of my king. On the opposite side of this is the sadness of observing the warrior who refuses to pick up his weapon and fight when there is a battle being waged all around him. Concern for personal safety, comfort, and ease; aversion to the ugliness of battle and blood; ignorance of the cause for battle; all produce withered, atrophied arms unfit for the fight.

God, spare me from such a fate as this. I do not want to be found on the sidelines when there is a battle to be fought.

Lord, give us courage and let the warrior arise!

Blessings







No comments:

Post a Comment